Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Monday, October 13, 2008

Awaken Your Day - Oct 13- Thanks

Today is one where I will ask you something simple, and I hope that the thought carries with you thru the whole day, thru each moment and everything you touch.

It is Canadian Thanksgiving Day today. And while it may appear that I took the easy road and just dropped the obvious in your lap, it is quite the opposite. I am struggling to keep it brief.

We set aside days to accentuate the feeling or message so that we can feel as though we have brought attention to something that is a soulful benefit to us all. A day for Thanks. We bring together family, which of course is a good way to see right in front of us what we are most thankful for. The celebration, while for some is just a routine, overall is a good action to follow.

However, I am more interested at this point in my life on how do I celebrate my thanks and all that I have to be thankful for - Daily? How can I bring it to my attention, in all the hectic activity that surrounds me, how can I feel and / or express this gratitude each and every day?

To me that is the challenge. And it may not be as hard as it sometimes appears. It is about passion and awareness. Beginning each day the way I do, here with all of us, helps me to bring attention to the front of my mind as to why I do what I do. What I want to share. The life that has so graciously wrapped itself around me. It opens the door for me to see the gifts I have been blessed with.

In the 100 Day Challenge we are in right now, today's task is to "go the extra mile." I right away thought of my chores in the house and my prep for my work, and taking care of my wife. And then one thought combined with another.

Going the extra mile.
Giving Thanks and being thankful.

Today my personal challenge, and you can join me, is to dedicate some honest, quiet, calm moments to going a little further into my list of reasons to be thankful. Go back a bit and find a few things that are truly the source of the gifts I may enjoy today. And then, acknowledge them.

Make a list if you wish, or just hang out inside your thoughts.
And in parting, may I say something just a little more personal.
Often, we are told we have to love ourselves, and when I was younger, I did not know how to understand that comment. Today I do.
So on the same note - spend a moment and Thank yourself for who you are, who you have become and who you are to others. You worked hard to grow to what is now.

And with that - I wish for you a wonderful day.

Pierre Couturier
Author - "All She Is..."
CEO, Prosperity Designers Inc.
1-888-719-5819

No comments: