Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Monday, March 18, 2013

AYD - March 19, 2013 - Value at what cost?

"Nothing is to be rated higher than the value of the day."
- Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

There can be only one.
One...today.
Many Tuesdays will come, and go. 
This one, will only be here once.

It is a day.
A valuable resource.
So what will you trade for it?

Will we let yet another day pass, without bargaining for some value in exchange?  Will we wake up and follow our standard routine, just to close out another day and transfer one unit over on  the balance scale, not even realizing it?

We all do it.  Hard to focus on the value in a day, each and every day...right?
Yes.  Life has many distractions and we do not always grab hold of the treasure that greets us every morning.  But... if we could grab onto even a few more...if we just became better negotiators.  If we maintain some more awareness of the value of our day even a little more consistantly...I believe we would demand a little more for the trade we make. 

Just a little more consciousness.

And we would retain a little more touch on the moments we experience.

This is where friends come in.  Life experiences.  Moments of success, shared, and planned. 
Legacy's are made.  Footsteps logged in a journal.  Decisions take on new design.

This morning, I will look upon my child, and know that in this life, I achieved greatness the day I became the husband I feared I could not be...and a daddy I prayed I would.  I will see the value of what I have been given, and in the glow of these great days I will think more clearly on what I can do inside of this hourglass that is my day... MY day ... to make myself richer in experience or action or growth or skill or wisdom or to add value to my wife and son's day by being the best of me. I have purpose and value to gain and add.

There is an amazing part of my day waiting to be discovered.  It will show itself within the boundaries of this very day.
And now, because I know it ... I will not let it sneak by.

Great morning, great day.  Great you, a better day for everyone else.

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, Author... and working on my DayTrader Negotiation Skills.

No comments: