Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

AYD - June 26, 2013 - What will I see today?

"I wonder how many people I've looked at all my life and never seen?"
- John Steinbeck

Inspiration can find you anywhere.  (This little note today came from a post on facebook.) Obviously this statement could initiate a very deep thought session...but we will save that level of depth for another time.

Mr. Steinbeck makes me ask a very valid question of myself, and faces begin to flash before me. 
One thought chains to another and from strangers my thoughts go to friends, past and present.  A person sticks in the thoughts for a moment and thoughts take the less used path at the fork in the road, and I begin to remember times gone by.  Memories, maybe school days or working  ... but only certain events stand out.  My mind starts to ask supporting questions because the memories are general, or faded.  How did we meet?  How did I feel?  What were they like?  Skills? Talents? Did we really ever talk?

Have you ever sat in a crowded area, like a shopping mall, or maybe a wedding ... and glanced around at the people?  Have you ever played that little imagination game of placing a person to a role in life just on what you see of them at that moment?  Maybe followed the lead of some comedic movie scene where you make up what they might be saying as you watch from afar?  ( Try not to do this at a wedding... using the Bride and Groom for your amusement.  You will usually find a family member sitting beside you...just sayin.)  People passing thru a moment ... in a scene but often not seen.

Try a little double sided experiment today.  Think of people that cross your path in any given day.  Maybe think of someone you see regularly in your constant routine.  Your barber, or the lady that does your nails.  The guy at the parking booth, or Mr. Johnson in the corner office.  Maria that cleans your office, or your cousin on your dad's side.  A face may just present itself to you.  Known, and unknown.  Have you ever said more than the obligatory conversation that occurs as your paths cross in some momentary transaction of shared space?  Have you ever had reason to...or thought to? 

The double side is, do you feel anyone in your template has ever looked at you in the same, glazed over, forget you after you clear my vision, kind of way?

What imprint do we want to leave on the people that enter our space ?  The imprint is shaped not only by our image and actions for them to see, but how we see them as an imprint on our shape.

As I learn to open my eyes to new visions, I have to start asking with excitement ... What will I See today?

Good morning, Great day.
Greater you, means a better environment to influence those that pass by each day.

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, and Author of my day.

No comments: