Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Awaken Your Day - May 13, 2008

"Fix your eyes forward on what you can do, not back on what you cannot change."
- Tom Clancy, Author

Setbacks.
They are a part of many goals, and dreams. Not all of us can be blessed with doing things perfectly the first time out; and to be honest I am not sure if I would like to have it that way.

I learn through application. I learn more from the "setbacks" along the way through that application. Mostly, I learn to appreciate even more, my achievement when I get there.

Setbacks of any kind, can be turned into the basis of a leap forward later on. You get a chance to regroup, lift your head up and readjust your vision on where you are going.

Much like my motorcycle course this last weekend. Some of you may recall that I am taking the course as a first step to this goal of going on a round the country bike trip in a couple years.

The course was good. But I had a setback. I had some definite trouble managing the bike and keeping my balance in "slow speed" exercises. And with that, I could not manuver the figure 8, and so I failed my riding test.

It is not over. Sure I was a little disappointed, but I am now armed with a solid awareness of what I need to work on and just how important that skill is to my overall riding a motorbike. I am also aware that if I can work on practicing that control, my riding experiences will be more enjoyable all around for it will give me much more function with the bike.

One of the rules in learning how to ride a motorcycle and handle it well, is always keep your head up and you should be looking ahead to where you are going, and not down at the ground rushing by. When you look down, one of the things you do is put your foot down....and Stop.

What a great way to connect the same result when we let our heart, and mind and passion drop away from looking straight into our goals and dreams. We get distracted, with a setback maybe, and we take our eye off of our destination ... and our spirit, or our effort, goes down with our eyes.

All weekend, they were telling me - "Head up... look to where you are going."

I looked down at the corners of a figure 8, knowing I had already beaten myself.
Soon, I am going back.
A setback helped me understand the connection between learning this skill, and believing in a goal. Now I get to use that as my support, to boost me back up, and to take a big step forward.

I can do this.

Pierre Couturier – May 13, 2008
Author – “All She Is…”
LPU Representative
Entrepreneur
Success is Yours – With Prosperity Designers Inc. and Wealth Creators Inc.
Personal Development and Business Opportunity 1-888-719-5819

No comments: