Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Friday, June 15, 2012

AYD - June 15, 2012 - Use the Little Spoon

A simple change in approach, and I get more conscious enjoyment out of something simple.

If I use the little spoon to enjoy dessert, I take smaller bites but I am more conscious of the flavor and enjoyment of each small spoonful.  The pleasure lasts longer.

Maybe this would work with my goals.  Take smaller pieces and enjoy the task at hand with my mind more aware of this little bit instead of the whole "bucket of ice cream".  And the success tastes sweeter.

Maybe this would work with my chores.  Break them down to smaller more manageable pieces so I could see my progress gradually grow and recharge my focus and momentum as I see myself accumulating my completion of what was a big dreadful anticipation.  And the success feels more satisfying.

Funny how things connect...and one discovery in an unrelated experience can be your teacher to more substantial efforts.

Might that be something to carry forward to your weekend plans.

Just a thought.
Just a little spoonful thought.
Little by little - we shape this masterpiece that is within us.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy on daddy's day, Author, and Hiding from Overwhelming Lists.

No comments: