Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Wednesday, January 30, 2013

AYD - Jan 30, 2013 - Just Do It

"The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn't like to do."
- Thomas Edison

First item on the list.... hard work.
Define "Hard Work" - It is not about grabbing a sledge hammer and busting rocks.  It is not about hard physical labor.  Do not get distracted.  Work is hard because we have fears of not succeeding. 

"I can't get a job because I don't have any experience.  How can I get experience if I can't get a job?"

Now we try it.

I cannot get my motivation to succeed because I am afraid of doing what it takes. I am afraid to do what it takes because I have not had success to motivate me further.

Back when I was younger, and more immature, just out of highschool... we thought we knew things.  I believe what we were missing is perspective.  We had some friends that we chose to make fun of.  Not sure why really.  We just did.  You see, one friend worked at McDonald's.  This was in the early 80's.  We joined in to the chorus of Ha Ha at this person's expense because he was working...at of all places... McDonald's. 

As I look on it today, from my more mature perspective, I cannot recall really how this job warranted our snide comments.  HE had a job.  HE was making money.  HE was gaining experience... that thing HE knew he needed to get the job he would later want... and get... because HE did what the rest of us thought we were too good for at the time it was needed.

He connected the dots on his personal road map.

Another friend had a car.  In the 80's it was known as a K car.  Small, unattractive, not a hot rod so it was a Ha Ha... car.  Must I repeat.... He had a car.  We did not.  We were walking around town...repeating the nothing we did the day before.  I used to take my girlfriend on dates... on my 10-speed bike.  I did not have a car...but I sure had a mouthy opinion without a big brother named Perspective to clear my vision.

Simple examples of obvious Do and Achieve lessons.

We often reflect on our youth as we joyfully tell stories of "back then".  Sometimes we do not like to remember.  Maybe it is because the lessons are right there to acknowledge.  And if we do...we might just see we are repeating our pattern.

You know I believe in one step at a time.  Take a step today and do something you have been avoiding.  Recognize one thing that you know will bring you an element of success if you Just Do It. ( That is a Nike slogan... and they spent alot of money saying what we are saying here to get you the same result so it must have some merit. )

You will feel great when you do.

Good Morning. 
Good action.

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, Author and professional Unintentional Procrastinator.

No comments: