Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

AYD - March 19, 2014 - In the Moment, For Them and For You

"Lipkinism:  The greatest compliment you can pay to others is to demonstate how thrilled you are to be in their presence."
- Mike Lipkin, Canadian Speaker, Motivator

We take it for granted really.  I dare say, we never think of it.
When we are having a conversation, are we aware of the impression we are giving? 
Do we look like we are listening? 
Are we engaged? 
Do we assure the other party that we are through our actions, responses, eye contact?

What happens when we notice someone we are speaking with is distracted when we are sharing something?
How do we feel when he or she is looking over our shoulder, peering at their watch, or giving that odd sounding, "Uh huh...Yeah....Mmmm"?

Now, have you ever felt put off by what appears to be total disinterest and then walk away .... without considering if WE do that to others?

I say alot on my way to a point.  I think you know that by now. I have been criticized for it.  I know how it feels when I get rushed along or interupted before I feel I have explained.  When my listener is not engaged and is two thoughts ahead.  It bothers me.  But I can respect that some of the criticism is justified and I can improve my conversational skills. 

This in turn, allows me to comfortably ask myself if I can improve my compliment to others and demonstrate my interest in our conversations.  What I dislike in others' demonstrations, I want to ensure I do not pay forward.  "Be the change you wish to see."

Be aware of just one conversation today, where you consciously ensure you are engaged, so that the other person leaves the exchange feeling complimented, from your demonstation of being in the moment.  The compliment is for them, and for you.

Good Morning,
Greater Day.
Greater you, once again, is a positive influence for others to share.

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, and Author to my day.

No comments: