Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Sunday, May 13, 2018

Awaken Your Day - Nov 23, 2017 - Hey, if you have a couple minutes...

Originally I posted this in 2007 ... came across it this morning. A bit long, big surprise, but long lasting.

There was one day last week at work that seemed like nothing was going right. I was feeling like I was surrounded by dark clouds of loose ends, and the forecast was heavy issues. Coming out of my second meeting of the day, I made it back to my office with a plan to find a way to bring it all together nice and neat for a good start for the next day.
 
I got back to my desk to find this piece of paper with a passage on it. I still do not know who left it, and I don’t know where they got it. I do not know who wrote it. It reminds me of an email I received once. But all in all, in a hectic day, for me to find this on my desk, I was given the feeling … that someone was listening. I liked the piece and thought you might too. Thanks to the one that left it.


What Will Matter


Ready or not, some day it will all come to an end.
There will be no more sunrises, no minutes, hours or days.
All the things that you collected, whether treasured or forgotten
Will pass to someone else.
Your wealth, fame and temporal power will shrivel to irrelevance.
It will not matter what you owned or what you were owed.
Your grudges, resentments, frustrations and jealousies will finally disappear.
So too, your hopes, ambitions, plans and To Do lists will expire.
The wins and losses that once seemed so important will fade away.
It won’t matter where you came from or what side of the tracks you lived on,
At the end.
It won’t matter whether you were beautiful, or brilliant.
Your gender and skin color will be irrelevant.
So what will matter?
How will the value of your days be measured?
What will matter is not what you bought but what you built, not what you
Got, but what you gave.
What will matter is not your success but your significance.
What will matter is not what you learned but what you taught.
What will matter is every act of integrity, compassion, courage or sacrifice
That enriched, empowered or encouraged others to emulate your example.
What will matter is not your competence but your character.
What will matter is not how many people you knew, but how many will feel
A lasting loss when you’re gone.
What will matter won’t be your memories but the memories that live in those
Who loved you.
What will matter is how long you will be remembered, by whom, and for what.
Living a life that matters doesn’t happen by accident.
It’s not a matter of circumstance but of choice.
Choose to live a life that matters.


As I said, I do not know the author. But I think that point might be, as you see the pictures that are created from each line while it stimulates your thoughts…that point might be that You are meant to be the author. The writer of your story, and the legacy you create.
Just a thought, and a good morning.


Good morning, Greater Day. Greater You ... with all that matters.
AYD - Pierre Couturier - Husband, Daddy and Author to my Day.

No comments: