Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

AYD - September 26, 2012 - In the Moment, In the Task

"He that is everywhere is nowhere."
- Thomas Fuller, Chaplain to Charles II of England

If you are like me, there is alot going on in your head, from alot going on in your schedule, with the lot going on that you must get to.  But does there need to be all this stuff?

It may just be that my schedule and my To Do list are a product of my own bad habits in planning.  I make lists so that I dare not forget anything that in the moment I am adding it to my list, is important.  Funny how something so important, makes it to my list, but then I find it on page 6 of that list a week later after I keep adding to the list.

I then find that in reviewing my list, I overwhelm myself with seeing my long list.

And so, I am all over the map of priority.  I am all over the map on overlapping interests, tasks, duties, plans and before you know it, I am back in my chair at home at the end of the day asking, "What did I really accomplish today, other than revisit my list?"

If you are all over, you are spreading yourself thin, and if you really think about it,  you have not moved forward on the progress scale with any significance or momentum building achievement.

Take time to focus on one thing.  When you Think about your list of To Do...do not exhaust your action energy with reading it all over just to get all wound up in where to begin.  Pick a starter task... and apply your all.

If you can sequence your tasks or thoughts so that accomplishing one thing, give you a head start on the next or eliminates duplicate effort...then great.

And now, apply your energy, and at the end of the day, recognize and record your progress.

Gold star for you.  And amazingly, tomorrow looks bright already.

Good morning,

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, Author, List Attacker

No comments: