Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Sunday, May 3, 2020

AYD - good thought for a Monday. April 2, 2018

Replay - AYD - April 2, 2014 - Sometimes What We Need is Right There

“For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.”
- Ralph Waldo Emerson
Have you ever heard how sometimes a person will spin a globe, close their eyes and then stop the globe with their finger and decide that that is where they are going to go ?
I kind of did that this morning. Really, we talk about making the conscious decision every morning to start the day off more purposefully and the day will get better from there. But somedays I do the spin and point to find a driving point for the day.
I do it so I can avoid overthinking, and to prevent hunting for a message my passions have not highlighted yet.
So this morning, I landed on something obvious, yet so true. Timeless, obvious, truth. Inspiration can find you anywhere...if you let it.
Easier said than done, sure - preventing this minute of angry to rob us of happy ... but if we can enhance our awareness of simple truths we command control of many more anger inspired moments giving us the potential to make it easier done ... more often.
Many years ago I read an interview in a magazine from many more years previous. Gene Simmons of KISS was stating to a writer that he does not spend time on anger. Hate takes too much energy. Wow... hate takes to much energy.
I was a young man, in awe of people like Mr. Simmons at the time; so when I read this commented philosophy, even in my youthful maturity it left an imprint. Anger is really exhausting. Mental fatigue is draining.
Older and wiser now ... I cannot say it has always been on my shoulder ready to be a guardian of the reactions I have given to things I cannot control ... but I can share with you that I am more aware of this truth than previously in my life.
And like many things we discuss here at AYD .... if you gain one more moment than before of awareness to a meaningful and useful message ... then we are learning and retaining more than we had before. An awakening if you will.
Grab onto a moment today. Be purposeful in your search to keep 57 seconds of an angry minute back to yourself. Shorten the Angry time and count the Awareness time to your favor.
Starting... now.
Good Morning, Greater day.
Greater you, is a you less angry and more in command of your feelings.
Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy and Author to my Day.
www.awakenyourday.com

No comments: