Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Monday, June 16, 2008

Awaken Your Day - June 17, 2008

Your mission today, should you choose to accept it, is to try something new.

You just have to love it when that is all anyone asks of you. The range of your selection is unlimited really, just like I keep telling you that YOU are too.

Try something new. Simple really. But ...

Often times, we hear that we need to push our boundaries. Push our limits for we are the one that set them. One basic reason to do this, is to enjoy what we may be missing. Yes, I know, many folks are very content just the way they are... until something new hits them. And that is the point, for many of us, the idea of thinking outside of our own little box does not even cross our mind, until something of an outside force either introduces us and peaks our curiousity, or it hits us square and we have no choice but to acknowledge it. And often, we are then inspired to investigate.

So, why don't we focus for a moment on food as an easy example? Okay, I used to be a pretty fussy eater. Meat and potatoes was just fine by me. You could even burn the meat. No matter, it was still my favorite part. But, little by little and with some pushing and slowly found trust from some people I cared about - I learned to try some new things.

I didn't get sick. Only after, at the thought of all the wonderful things about food that I had been missing out on. That made me a bit sad. All that time I had never even tried other things. I was afraid.

OF WHAT?

Like jumping off a houseboat and not being able to touch the bottom of a great big lake. Or was that thankful I didn't touch the bottom? Right - well, stick to food. It is a bit safer than 200 pounds of tensed up body saying "Oh Yeah!!!" as my foot left the rail, and then, "Oh NO !!" as my foot left the rail - and then going really deep in the middle of a yell. Water, tastes so bland at times like that. Let's get back to food.

Last nite I was reminded as I ate my dinner, of the first time I ate Clam Chowder. I used to say I hated it, not realizing that I had never tried it. And then I loved it. My wife made some new fancy salad last nite. The ingredients were not what I was used to and as I bit into some avocado and yellow pepper with some spinach and feta cheese - waiting for the retaliation I knew was coming - I felt like I was in some Hoity toity restaurant. And then the fresh green pea pods, and the dressing and onions chimed in and, Oh My. Uh, this salad was like a full meal. Would you believe that 5 years ago, I would not touch any of the things I just listed? I tried avocado for the first time just a couple months ago. And... put it all together, and it is a pleasant dining experience.

What will you try today? Will it be something to eat? Will it be something new off the lunch menu? Will you try something new in your business? Will you say something to a certain someone despite being shy? You see, it can be anything new.

And the beauty of an open mind, stepping forward into the unknown, is that it brings out a wonderful unknown about yourself. You learn something new about you, and you get the experience to try it again.

Personal Growth is a Choice ... growth is anything new.

Good morning, and enjoy your discovery.

Pierre Couturier – June 17, 2008
Author – “All She Is…”
Lifepath Representative
Success is Yours – With Prosperity Designers Inc. and Wealth Creators Inc.
Personal Development and Business Opportunity 1-888-719-5819

No comments: