Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Monday, August 4, 2008

Awaken Your Day - Aug 4, Courage to Try

"It is better to be a 'used to be' than a 'never was' "
- Hines Ward, Pittsburgh Steelers, comment take from Barbara Walters show with Randy Pouche, "The Last Lecture - A Celebration of Life.

Mr. Ward may not be the original voice of this statement, but this is where I heard it this time around. This whole comment and the message behind it can be intertwined with so many moments we encounter in this life.

Be it in the dedicated pursuit of goals and dreams that we discuss here so often ( do not live life wondering What If? ) , or in direct reference to something we let slip from our lives that we 'used' to do.

I know I could easily go off unnecessarily over explaining this one... so for a Monday - just take the Opportunity to consider what images this statement creates for you. Think about some of the things you used to do, that still have value for having done them in your life. Reflect on the achievements that they are and, in some cases - consider what is stopping you from ...

"I haven't thrown a baseball in years..."
"I quit drawing when I ..."
"I haven't spent much time with my son ..."
"You know, I used to ... "

Opportunity Monday - lets you celebrate the courage to have done the Used To's - and to lace up that courage again for modern day 'Can I's ' .

The only thing stopping us ... is us. As some of my mentor's have put it, "Don't let the Start Stop You."

Good Morning - and good living.

Pierre Couturier
Author - "All She Is..."
LPU Representative
CEO, Prosperity Designers Inc.
Success is Yours - We can show you.

No comments: