Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Thursday, July 14, 2011

Awaken Your Day - July 15, 2011 - Dream a Little Dream for Me

"I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them."
- Pablo Picasso

When was the last time you looked up and saw a cloud for what it really was?
A picture book with rolling pages.

For the most part, I fear we have surrendered that innocent and amusing game of exploring our imagination and finding pictures and faces and storybook pages in the fluffy shapes that pass so casually overhead. 
Surrendered the game, and all the value that it brought with it.

Why is it that as adults, when we see clouds we have trained ourselves to think, "Overcast, Rain, Cold"?
What happened to "Hey that looks like...!"? With clowns and dogs and wild horses calling our attention skyward ... maybe I could find a story up there to tell my son.

I found my self this last evening gazing out the window lost in thought ... when suddenly up in the sky the face of an old witch appeared, with a long pointy nose, and an even more pointed chin to go with her evil grin.  I was going to call you, but then before I could even say a word...her chin was a seat and her nose was a man and I could see this crazy race car and out of no where this huge buffalo was going to hit the car but this space ship was coming from above him ...  and well... the story kind of gets a little weird from there.

Guess you had to be there.
I hope you find the spot I did, and hold hands with imagination for awhile. It's pretty neat.

Good Morning -
Pierre Couturier
Husband, "Dad! You come play, okay?", Author, Friend...Daydreamer

No comments: