Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

AYD - June 27, 2012 - Being the Best You Means Letting It Go

"If you are pained by external things, it is not they that disturb you, but your own judgment of them. And it is in your power to wipe out that judgment now."
- Marcus Aurelias Antoninus, 121 AD to 180AD

I always find it truly inspiring, to catch myself red handed, doing that which I advise others not to do.
I at time fall prey to the lost moments spent ranting about external things that cause me some discomfort. Often these are initiated by my feeling judged by others that have no right to judge.  And I lose more moments vocalizing my discomfort with the misconceptions of others and my lack of desire to create the  conflict to confront it.

And I realize...I have given their misconception more power, by giving it acknowledgement. 

If you are comfortable in your knowledge that these outside judgements do not correctly portray you, then start with THAT acknowledgement, and may your next step be one of progress, and hopefully one not outlined by the lingering moment that upset you.

The guy that cuts you off in traffic does not think of you when he lays his head down at nite.
The lousy customer service you received does not weigh heavy on that individual as they collect their cheque, with or without your tip.
That friend that just does not seem to see their own hipocracy leaping around like a big man on a trampoline, yet can find all of your faults with a spotlight...

You can choose to be directed by the external things, but I must tell you, no matter how good you are at being the best you... there will always be "external things".   So your best action, is to reevaluate your judgement of how much power these things truly have on you.  And then...take that control back.

"It is not what happens to you, it is how you respond to what happens that counts."

Good morning
Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, Author, and Still learning how to operate my own deflector shields...but it is coming.



No comments: