Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

AYD - March 13, 2013 - The PEP Talk

"If I can do it, anyone can do it."

Quickly...count how many times in your life you have heard this expression.
Even faster...do you remember one face that has said it?  Do you remember the actual achievement that initiated the sharing of it?

I do not. But I have heard that expression too many times.

I really dislike that expression, and many others, because they have become the stereotypical comment, the "insert positive comment here",  the automated response.  And I dare say, the momentum emergency brake.

To make Me Believe, that I can achieve the Results that this person achieved ... takes more than just a catch phrase. 

The How To needs a How To Pop Up Book.

Show AND tell.

I stated before my wife and I are watchers of the reality show, The Biggest Loser.  I am not a fan of most reality TV. Most often they produce for over drama effect and they lose all integrity and any reason I have to believe in any positive message.  But this show I watch for the Transformation.  I watch it all take place over time, how the mental joins the positive words and expression and it all gets mixed in the bowl with Action.  The episode this week was the next to last, and in this one they take you back to 11 weeks ago to see how far people have come.

Show... AND tell. 

Before and After is not good enought either.  Show me the sweat, the tears, the emotional triumph, the soul climbing over barriers, the obstacles, the smile here, the set backs, the smile gone, the hard work, the smile back... the family support, the new family of those enduring the same journey... and the proof that it can be done.  Help me believe in what you have achieved, and I will then be more trusting to follow - you, and my heart. 

"This moment, this moment right here!  This is what you fight for!  And it doesn't happen often but when it does happen it's magic.  And it's worth it!"  - Jillian Michaels. 

The number one reason we do not achieve the results that the poster people examples do is our lack of action.  And when we are giving a Pep Talk, we also need to be mindful of this.  For someone to follow in our steps, they cannot just take our word for it.  They need to witness the path, to see the foot impressions, to see our hand print and the impression of the knee where we fell. 

If you ever get to see Anthony Robbins - he will show you what I might call, Share and Show.  He shares his philosophy, then gets you to stand up and show you it works.

Give a man a fish...teach a man to fish...

"If I can do it, anyone can do it."  Gee...thanks. 

How about, "I believed I could do it, so I pushed myself and did it, and if you believe you can, I believe you can, I can show you how I did it so you can too."

Well... let this be known as Wordy Wednesday.

I am beginning some new transformations that I will be sharing in the coming weeks.

My goal is to give the PEP talk that I would like to receive.
Pay it forward.  Show someone your path to success.

Great morning, great day.  Great you, means a better day for others.

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, Author... and PEP talker in motion.




No comments: