Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Thursday, March 21, 2013

AYD - March 22, 2013 - My Definition of Irony

Irony - that aching feeling you get in your lower back, and knees and other creaking joints,  from putting together a piece of home fitness equipment,  that is supposed to get rid of that aching feeling you get in your lower back, and knees and other creaking joints. 
- Pierre

Along the way to any goal, you are going to come to a few crossroads. You can get angry should Irony be there to meet you, or you acknowledge that there are times when you just have to shake your head and enjoy the moment because you can see the humor in it as valuable.

So I ask you ... are you easily embarrassed and then upset because of the awkwardness that feeling gives you ... or can you laugh at yourself and roll with it because really ... if it was anyone other than you in that character building moment, you would be finding it quite funny?

"One day, we will look back on this and laugh."  I am trying to learn to not wait for 'One Day'.  If what I did deserves it, I want to ride it out and be a better man for it, both in the eyes of my peers and in the reduced level of my anxiety.  I am not afraid to wear the Fool's Hat if it fits.

Laugh at yourself...and if you want to accept a dare... share your memory with someone and show your honest vulnerability.

Now if you will excuse me... my break is over and I have to return to the "Oh, don't kneel like that for too long" symphony in O minor with a Tight Back repeat chorus.

Have a great weekend.
Thanks for a great week.

Great morning, great day.  Great you, a better day for everyone else.
Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, Author ... and having fun with it.

No comments: