Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Thursday, January 9, 2014

AYD - Jan 9, 2014 - The Thankful Get Richer

"Appreciation is a wonderful thing; it makes what is excellent in others belong to us as well."
- Francois-Marie Arouet de Voltaire, 1694-1778, Writer and Philosopher

Around me in a day, I am fortunate to have good people I work with.  They have different skills and attributes.  Different strengths or contributions.  And I find myself commenting in other circles about each of them often.

I see great things in my loved ones, and I enjoy telling the tales of their successes, their strengths, and most of all their wonderful impact and influence on me.  Yes, I am my wife and son's biggest fan.

I look back on loved ones lost, or old friends and assorted relationships now gone for a variety of reasons - not all good - and in the distance of emotion and time thinking back to then, I find I am more focussed on the goodness that once was, and these offer me a smile rekindled a little like embers in a fire we let burn down.  There were some good times.

I think of people, and the goodness they represent, past and present, and I feel like I have been enhanced with some of their goodness now hand in hand with mine.  I think of good qualities among those whom have mentored me, befriended me and worked with me along the way .... and I am made better by all the teachings.  I think of examples of expressions of the heart, and I am made more strong in my faiths about love as they confirm for me that I have been right - love is a wonderful thing.

And I owe all of these "acquisitions" - to the greatness that is there - silently being offered for the very reasonable price of just appreciating the excellence in others.

It is a good morning, and this opens the door to a greater day.
Greater you, is a greater opportunity for others to adopt appreciation.

Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, and Author to my Day.

No comments: