Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Monday, January 14, 2008

Awaken Your Day - January 14, 2008

Intentional Change
A couple weeks ago, my wife and I began an intentional change.
We did not like the way we felt. I did not like the way my stomach was beginning to arrive to my appointments before me. I looked in the mirror and just said, “No.” I did not attack myself with negative. What is done is done. No time to give to yesterdays or blaming myself, or what I did “wrong”. No, I just asked myself what it was that I stopped doing to get to this point. And so, it began.

About 10 days ago… I found out I was 217.4 lbs. That would be about 33lbs of man I don’t remember wanting to be. I figured it was time to tell some of that reflection that I did not want it in my shirts anymore.
Today, I said good morning to 209.

How am I doing it? One step at a time. I chose a beginning, and I Awakened to a Lifepath, and I am following it right to the door of my dreams. I am basically just doing that which I have asked myself to do. Listen to the teachers I have found, listening to my experience and my past successes, and now I am slowly establishing the lifestyle I need to attain my goals. I had a desire for something I wanted. I set a goal. I made a plan. I realized I really do believe in myself, and then … I took action.

Nothing wild and crazy so far. I have said often that I am overwhelmed with everything I am trying to accomplish, so how could I drop everything and put all my attention to one thing? I knew I could not. But I can still dedicate some focus to it. So, I set a realistic goal. I found room in my schedule, and I am doing it.

Real simple…I began by finding a comfortable beginning. And when I say “I” at any time, I mean my wife and I, for we are doing this together. We share support and all achievement. So, my comfort zone began with an i-pod; nice and small to strap to my arm. And new shoes and new exercise pants that fit comfortably. For me, distractions take away results. That meant a bulky walkman, sore feet and pulling up my drawers.

The cardio is every morning. Just a half hour. That is a half hour more than I did all year last year…and I am doing that each morning. The last ten in a row. I also listened to one of the Luminaries from our dramatically growing prosperity development community, Shane Ellison, The People's Chemist, and changed a couple things in my diet. Just a couple to start. Less sugar, more water. No soda. Almonds for snacking, and salad a bit more frequent. Regular breakfast after our cardio of 3 or 4 eggs and my bread is sprouted grain for it’s low glycemic index. I put in a better effort for a good lunch, where before I often skipped. We cook a regular supper and I just watch my portions. Your body can only handle so much at one time so I don’t eat 2 helpings.

So far…that is it. More changes will be added. When I make sure they are not lined with negative pressures or expectations that will set me up to fail. I am making intentional changes. They are my changes. They are for my success, not only in my physical feeling, but in my emotional achievements. One step at a time. I will keep you posted.

What Intentional Change do you want to set in motion for you today? What is holding you back?
It’s Opportunity Monday – and I say … nothing can stop you. Just make your move with purpose.

Welcome to a new week, may it be as great as you want it to be.

Pierre Couturier – January 14, 2008
Author – “All She Is…”
LPU Representative
Success Is Yours
Personal Development and Business Opportunity 1-888-719-5819

No comments: