Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Awaken Your Day - Aug 3, 2011 - Ode to be Silly

" USA Today has come out with a new survey - apparently, three out of every four people make up 75% of the population. "
- David Letterman

Now you just have to repeat that one.
Go ahead...around the water cooler, or sitting with the crew at lunch.
Say it, and then just carry on like you really meant to say it. 
And then wait for it....wait for it....
You are bound to get someone on it.

Humor, in a silly form can be just what is needed sometimes.

I was thinking about an upcoming camping trip with my wife and son, and I was thinking about what I could do with our boy to make sure he has a fun time.  And of course this train of thought takes you on an unplanned journey down memory lane.  One thought leads to another, until I remembered when I was younger, and how innocent our jokes were.

When I was little, I had a joke book, and my mom would sit and listen to me read each joke to her.  Even then, I think I felt uncomfortable being silly.  Now I see, that I really did not know what I was missing.  Buy, of all the jokes I told, Mom had her definate favorite.

What is green, and goes "Slam! Slam! Slam! Slam!" ?
Give up?
Answer:  A four door pickle.

Ya, I didn't get it either.  The picture did not help.  But my mom, she laughed so hard she cried.  Just a silly little boy's joke, but she laughed so hard.  I remember the sound, I remember her wiping tears, and I remember her smile.  One of my fondest memories of my mom....her hysterical laughter...and it will forever be tied to a silly little innocent joke.

I am all for personal reflections...especially when the moments we revisit tickle our heart once again.

Oh silly...I did not realize how much I missed you.
Now go ahead...remember how it feels.

Good Morning, Good giggles.
Pierre Couturier
Husband, Daddy, Author, and Silly student.

No comments: