Welcome to all of our New Friends

Welcome.
Please find today's shared comment below.
Visit often as we add new material and contacts and if you like what you find here, please share it with friends and family.
I encourage you to visit the archives, and to leave comments.
Send us an email if you wish. We look forward to hearing from you and providing you with great content each day.

Welcome to AYD, and may this be the start of great things to come.
Pierre

Translate

"What can we do, starting today, to build lasting success?"...."We all want to be part of something. We all want to feel great about the choices we make."

Sunday, August 19, 2018

Awaken Your Day - Jan 16, 2018 - Not sure how to do this.

"Forgiveness does not exonerate the perpetrator. Forgiveness liberates the victim. It's a gift you give yourself."
- T.D. Jakes


I'm not big on it.
Still working on understanding my stand on it.
How I define it.
I don't think I look at it as "forgiving" because I have not dealt with the sound of it... it sounds like I am OKAY with the offending person, place or thing.
Nope.
Nope nope nope. There are some people in this world that have done me wrong...or you... and they need what's coming to them.
Okay, so now that I have that out... I can say, cool, that is my position. I don't like them. I hope the world balances things out because these people or events are just wrong.
Okay. Now I have stated my thoughts. Done.
Done done done.
Move on.
Don't dwell.
Do not be consumed.
See what you have now, in front of you.
You survived them or that and thus you are stronger than you can see... because you can't see light or clear when all you focus on is anger.


So if you are uncomfortable with the emotional shape that "forgiveness" paints in your heart ... that is fine. We can work on it. But for now, acknowledge your feelings but do not overlook your wins because you are looking backward.


Part of "forgiveness" is simply not putting all your strength into holding the noose around the neck of a bad memory. You have a life to live. You got through some crap, don't you owe it to yourself to live in this present moment for awhile?


Good Morning, Greater Day. Greater You - standing tall in spite of some tough stuff.
AYD - Pierre Couturier - Husband, Daddy and Author to my Day.

No comments: